Today I am bringing home a post I made for Keeping it Simple, about a year ago. I just checked the link and I've realised there's something wrong with the pictures. It is a good thing I will postt them all over again for you.
I tried to come up with something simple to share, and I thought about one of the frist things I've learnt when I was a little girl. And it is: how to make a ribbon rose. You can make them with any ribbon and the results are always pretty.
1. Make sure you have your favourite ribbon, or the one matching your future project.
2. Fold your ribbon in half, just like you see in the photo.
3. Then start putting one of the sides on top of the other, and then again.
4. Go on doing that until you're left with a smaller tip.
5. The next step, is to hold your ribbon on the tip's edge and let go of the rest of it. It will look like a braid.
6. Grab the smaller tip and gentle pull it. It will start forming your rose shape. You have to keep pulling until it is perfectly shaped.
8. I haven't really finished mine, but you can either sew it, or use a glue gun to keep the flower petals in place. Now, you can use your roses in as many projects as you'd like.
I hope you've enjoyed this!